Thursday, December 10, 2009

You're Wearing What?

Tonight is my work Christmas party. Sigh. I'm still remembering last year's blessed event.

I was just going to go alone but the people at work are making me bring a friend; thus, Carrie is now my esteemed date for the evening. I bribed her with the prospect of prime rib, sweet potatoes, and salmon.

I was feeling moderately fine about the whole thing until a co-worker came up to me and immediately asked what I was wearing. I hadn't really given it much thought. Since we're living in sub-zero temperatures I figured I would wear anything that would go with tights.

She said the same thing about wanting tights, except she brought up that she has this fancy dress she never gets to wear. It has spaghetti straps and is floor length.

"Oooo, wear it." I said. "Me, I'll just dig up something that I would wear to church."

She gave me a slightly pitying look.

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Like I've said before... wish you lived closer, you could come raid my closet. I have lots of fun dresses that I might one day fit into again. At least that is my goal.

Jill said...

I would go for that menu in a second!I have a crush on sweet potatoes