Friday, December 18, 2009

Today Is A Hard Day

Today is a hard day. One of my dear cousins is in the hospital suffering from double pnemonia. She's currently on a ventilator in order to give her some much needed rest. I didn't realize until my cousin Tracy told me, but essentially when they put you on a ventilator they have to put you in a medically induced coma. Maybe this just sounds worse than it really is--basically, she's just sleeping--but it's terrifying to have someone you love hover in such a dangerous place.

Sarah's sickness started about two weeks ago when she got the H1N1 virus. This is so crazy to me. When I was in England everyone kept asking us about the swine flu and every time they did I would look at them like they were crazy. I think we even laughed about it like they were just overreacting about a flu, which yes, made people very sick, but still, it was just a flu.

I feel foolish now for this careless attitude.

Today we're fasting for Sarah and praying our hearts out for her recovery. She's a beloved member of our family and we love her so much.

If you can, please remember Sarah and her little family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

So sorry to hear this. They are in my prayers.

Charlotta-love said...

I'm hoping that there is good news since this was posted a few days ago.

*prayer*