Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow Storm for the Ages

It finally snowed out here. And when I say snowed . . . I mean Mother Nature dumped snow across the entire Greater Salt Lake Valley. The radio was full of reports of accidents and backed-up traffic. I'm so grateful I don't have to take the freeway to get to work.

Kaylin texted me this morning that it took her twenty-five minutes to get to work instead of her usual ten or fifteen minutes. This is funny because all of our other roommates drive at least twenty minutes to work each day when the driving conditions are good. Kaylin and I drive about ten.

I couldn't help picturing the snow piling up and me holed up in my house. Alone on the couch with the fireplace crackling and my favorite shows on TV while I worked from home. Sounds nice, doesn't it? But really, my work is right down the street. I mean, what a crap excuse so as not to go to work. Still . . . .

1 comment:

kaylinannette said...

haha. Once again I am always the center of your blog... and your life. =)