Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gratituitous Beefcakes Aplenty

Thank you to the powers of DVR, TV Christmas movies are like a drug. We record all of them. There's something so perfect about ending the day with the fire crackling, the Christmas lights on the garland and tree being the only light in the house, a cinnamon scentsy, and talking about making hot chocolate for everyone. But really, we're all too lazy to make hot chocolate because we're watching TV and that would require us to get off of the couch.

If you haven't caught (and don't worry, it'll be on TV again) the Twelve Men of Christmas on Lifetime, you should check it out.

Here's why it's entertaining:
1. It has Kristen Chenowith of Wicked fame.
2. She plays a New York PR bull dog stuck in Montana . . . movie and TV execs never get tired of this speel even though it's so ridiculous. But Kristen actually pulls off the most saccharine lines as if they were the most natural thing to say.
3. It's a blatant rip off of Pride and Prejudice, meaning you'll know the lines even before the actors say them.
4. There's gratuitous scenes with shirtless beefcakes.*

*You know when women are hired to be on TV or in movies strictly for their hot factor and it's total exploitation of a hot body? Yeah, it's like that. Not complaining, merely pointing it out. Yes, I understand the double standard.

4 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

oh I am excited... I looked for it and for the next 8 days I do not see it. let me know if you see it coming up again and I will set it to record

Alison said...

I heard "Christmas Shoes" on the radio last night and I instantly thought of you. I'm sure there's going to be a Lifetime movie about that one soon.

Andrew and Cori said...

I've already watched it. :) I'm a sucker for Christmas movies... even if it's a stretch to make it a Christmas movie... which, I thought this one fell into that category. Yeah, some good looking men were present, I suppose. (Can I say that if I'm married???)

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

I found it playing again and watched it the other night with my mom. pretty funny. hope you had a great christmas!