Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Rebuttal

Not from my mom about John Bytheway. . . but from my dad. He read the blog post while I was talking to my parents on the phone. My mom giggled as he read it--she loves this story almost as much as I do. My dad would like to point out:

1. My mom was driving, not him.
2. She had moved the car to a mysterious part of the road so he didn't know where we were when he was racing down the front walk. This makes me think he took his eyes off the front walk looking for our car, thus his untimely demise against the big, looming mailbox.
3. He refused to ever deliver anything again after that momentous occasion. This kills me, my dad rarely says no to doing something.
4. He doesn't really appreciate that it still makes us laugh.

Ah, family . . .

1 comment:

Charlotta-love said...

There are some stories that just never die. Your dad just happens to be the star of that story.