Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Today's Working Out to Be A Good Day

A few good things have come my way today:

1. I got a wall in my cubicle at work right in front of my computer. Although it suddenly seems like I'm sitting in a shadow, I'm hidden from the semi-annoying girl who sits next to me who talks non-stop.

2. My cousin Sarah was discharged from the hospital yesterday after showing a lot of improvement. Thanks to those who sent good thoughts her way.

3. My new snowshoes are arriving today!

4. I'm wearing skinnier jeans and feel surpisingly skinnier in them.

5. It's supposed to snow 14" today which means that I am going to use my new electric snow shovel and automatically look like a rock star while using it.

6. I stumbled upon my chocolate reserve that I've been holding on to for when I really need it. There's something very self-empowering about having chocolate at your desk and knowing you don't have to eat it right this second. In fact, it's been at my desk for weeks!

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Maybe the stumbling upon the secrety stash of chocolate that has been hiding for weeks has something to do with the skinnier jeans... I wish I could make my chocolate stashes disappear in a different manner from which they are currently disappearing. An electric snow shovel? That sounds pretty cool. But if you just forget to shovel, you could always try out the snow shoes.

Charlotta-love said...

I have a secret stash that I can't keep secret - from myself. I'm too smart. I can just...SMELL it!

And kuddos to not having to look at the annoying coworker anymore. My 'cubicle' is literally the back side of a filing cabinet. Tall enough to crouch behind but not when people walk past my desk. It works. I have a job. I'm thankful at least for that!