Monday, December 7, 2009

Something Must Be In the Water

I dont' know what's come over me but I have entered a new phase: the nesting phase. Before you jump to conclusions, no, I am not pregnant. But seriously, I'm wondering if there is something in the water because this is new territory.

I looked up the term nesting:

Around the fifth month of pregnancy, the "nesting" instinct can set in. This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.

This weekend I attacked my shower with a fully powered bottle of Soft Scrub and was going full steam until the bleach crept into my lungs and gave me a coughing / gagging fit. I made dinner (eggrolls, you better believe it) and afterwards decided I wanted homemade gingerbread as well. Afterwards, I decided that much of my laundry needed ironing--something I never do, those wrinkles will work themselves out on their own, peeps--and pulled the ironing board into my room so as to be closer to my freshly laundered clothes. I swept the house, took out the trash and recycling.

Whew! If only all of my weekends were this productive. Perhaps this isn't really nesting, but at the risk of sounding lazy and incompetent, I'm rarely this motivated to get so much stuff done in a single weekend.

While this newfound, unexpected, and irrational behavior continues, I'd be happy to come to your houses and launch an attack on your bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, etc.

For a small fee, of course. A girl's gotta eat, you know.

2 comments:

Andrew and Cori said...

Coming to St. George anytime soon?? I NEED a healthy dose of nesting to kick in, but I'd settle for you instead. :)

Coordination Queen said...

yeah, want to come to SC? it's nice and warm and I'd even feed you... all you have to do is get ME to finish puting my closet back together thtat i tore apart 2 months ago. my nesting kicked in 2 months after i had the kid... explain that one. and as a side note, i don't think i could give you any dance tips anymore... after having 3 kids my body doesn't quite move like it used to. a lot of jiggle where it should be holding still... but it just doesn't listen!