Friday, December 4, 2009

My Own Personal Weather Man

My knee has been hurting this week. Most people know I've had two knee surgeries and it seems to me that it always hurts in one way or another. Boo.

But this week in particular my knee has felt especially tender. So much that Kaylin and my roommate Carrie gave me a serious guilt trip for wanting to go to the gym Wednesday night.

"You can barely walk!" Kaylin cried. "At least take a day off from it."

I did, but I felt guilty.

"Why do you think your knee hurts so much right now?" Carrie asked.

I shrugged. "The last time it hurt like this was last month when we had our first big snow storm. It must be the change in weather."

Carrie nodded her head and looked slightly solemn, but there was a slight tinge in her face as the wheels turned in her head.

I sighed. "This totally makes me sound like an eighty-year-old woman, doesn't it?"

She burst out laughing. "It does. It really does."

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Funny, I just got out of class where we talked about osteoarthritis. Anyone can have it especially if you have had an injury. You're not old just falling apart. hahahaha

bec said...

haha! I know exactly how you feel. I've only had one knee surgery but for the past two days I keep telling Brandon how it hurts to move my knee at all and stairs are torture. I've heard it has to do with the barometer changing, but I've never fully understood what that means and how I can avoid it : )

Coordination Queen said...

I get the achy joint thing going on when a storms a brewin'... sorry had to say that, living in the south... :) it makes me feel like an old woman too!

Carrie Hansen said...

Aren't you so glad I am here for you!!! Just kidding. And how glad are you that you did not go to they gym that day!!!!