Friday, January 29, 2010

Media Training

Today at work I received media training in the advent that I will ever need to be interviewed by a news media source. The possibility of this happening is extremely unlikely--I am simply a consultant for the government, and unfortunately, I cannot speak for them. But, it was a useful training course.

Below is my "mock interview." I hate these with a fiery passion . . . dates back to my time at Enterprise when I had to do these ridiculous mock interviews in order to qualify for management.

I received glowing comments for my mock interview, although I was told I "could have been a little more warm and inviting."

Here is what I thought:

My hair looks like Edward Scissorhands cut it.

Why do I keep blinking my eyes like that? Like every two seconds. I look like I'm in pain.

I have a big forehead AND a bloated face.

Do I really sound that way? I swear, it doesn't sound that way in my ears.

Funny how something so simple can make you break out in a cold sweat. However, I'm now an expert on speaking to the media. Let me know if you need a consultant.

2 comments:

Holly said...

You sound like that to me. I hate listening to myself on video or any other type of recording because I sound much cooler in my head. I think sound much more whiney on video. This is why I try not to talk when I'm recording my girls.

Good interview though! I am impressed!

kaylinannette said...

Wow! Your face looks swollen.