Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Shenanigans On Paper

While talking to a co-worker and telling her about the crazy things that happen to me and my house, she burst out laughing. It's always a nice thing to hear somebody laugh (in a good way) at your stories. "Melissa, you really should write a book about your life. Especially about living with four other girls."

She makes a good point. I have enough material to turn this idea into a series.

Clearly, I would be the hero--because it's my book. I would be the voice of reason who is troubled by the things that happen around me. I am often caught between doing the right thing and it's evil step-sister Temptation.

Kaylin, the up-in-your-face girl who's always right even though you wish she wasn't. She uses her powers of intuition on others only because she can't help herself.

Mindy, classically beautiful and quiet . . . and hiding a dark secret.

Carrie, outgoing and popular, struggles with an eating disorder.

Ashlee, the new girl with a secret past. We don't find out about it until one of us catches her stealing and hiding her pilfered goods in her closet.

Allyson, newly married and caught in the transition from independent career woman to lonely housewife. Every night we find her waiting for her husband in the candlelit dining room with the elaborate meal she has made all in the hopes of pleasing him.

This is sounding good, right? Actually, it's sounding more like a Harlequin romance novel. Except without the sex.

5 comments:

Carrie Hansen said...

Love it! Write that soon! Can't wait to hear about the outgoing and popular girl with an eating disorder. Or mindy and her dark secret! I'd be the first to buy it!

kaylinannette said...

Bring on the sex.

Amie said...

I'd read it! But I get a signed copy, right?

Coordination Queen said...

I need a new book to read... when's it coming out? :)

mindy said...

Ha! I love it! When do we find out what my dark secret is?