Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Whew! What A Couple of Weeks it's Been!

Hey everyone! Hope all of you out there in blogger land is alive and well. Anyway, I've been such a slacker posting on my blog so I'm going to try to catch you up on what I've been up to. As I mentioned earlier, I've had family in town and I took a trip to Oregon with the Phillips/Wadman family. I've been having a lot of fun lately, almost too much fun it feels. Now that I'm back, it's back to the grind and trying to play catch up with the last week o' fun. Here are a bunch of picture . . . they're kind of skiwampus (I have no idea how you spell that), so it's a little out of order. Whatev!

We hauled lumber at my grandpa's ranch. Look how burly and tough I look.

Riding in the back of my grandpa's truck up to a clearing we visit every time we're in Oregon. It was pretty fun because we brought a friend of ours from the ward and showing him around the ranch was kind of like seeing it with new eyes. It felt so fresh and unfamiliar . . . a place I'd grown up visiting. It was actually quite special for me.

This is on the trip home . . . we're adorable, I know. That's my cousin Ryan who's also Kaylin's and my roommate.

Hanging out ont he Oregon Coast. Dad and his pal Licorice on the water's edge. Licorice was not thrilled with the water.

We buried Hillary alive and made her into a mermaid. I'm giving her boobs up at the top.

At the Sea Lion Caves. This is one of my favorite shots. If you look off into the distance you can see a quaint little house. I particularly loved the fog as it rolled up against the beach. It wasn't super warm, but definitely a sight to remember.

You can take an elevator 200 feet to the bottom of the Sea Lion Caves . . . which happen to be the largest natural caves in the world. If you look closely, you can see my bulging biceps holding up the cave.

A mother of a water fight. The only problem is those water balloons didn't exactly pop when you hit somebody. They just bounced right off.

Four wheeling at the ranch. My grandpa wanted to take a picture of Dan, Ryan, and me--that's his finger in the way. So hilarious!

Eating Umpqua ice cream--seriously the most delicious ice cream in the world! Of course, my trainer would probably disapprove. Whatever!

Grandpa Phillips. What a great guy!

I love this picture . . . this is exactly how the ranch looks. All green with windy, dirt roads. It's so tranquil and peaceful, but of course you can get in some wicked good four wheeling as well.

Back in Utah--hanging out at the pool. Of course, I really have only been to the pool twice. Check out my pasty white skin and you know that the sun is my mortal enemy.

My pal Mindy and me at a baseball game. We couldn't get the picture right, but I'm pretty sure I outshine Mindy. Just kidding . . . she's smokin' hot!

I've been working more at the gym trying to scrounge up a few extra dollars. This is what I do when I'm "working."
But when the boss comes into the gym you can expect a bright cheery smile and me pretending to work!




4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

That looks like such a fun trip!

Charlotta-love said...

I love Oregon.

You buried your sister in the sand and she's wearing a shirt?! Why not a bathing suit?

Tracy Smythe said...

I was really sad to leave Oregon this time. I was crying on the way to the airport! It's always so fun to all spend time together and to see Grampa. I just really cherish all the memories we have made. Thanks for being such a fun cousin. I love you!!!

Andrew and Cori said...

Looks like so much fun. I miss the Oregon coast. It's always been a favorite of mine. Actually, I miss any coast... this whole landlocked in Utah thing sometimes drives me CRAZY!