Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oops!

Sometimes I just don't have it in me. Sometimes I just need to lie low.

Yesterday I was in a little bit of a funk and just needed a break from the whole social scene because frankly, you really have to work to make yourself accessible. It wears, dude. So when I found out there was a ward outing to a baseball game . . . I just wasn't feeling it. All I wanted was some Wendy's, a movie, and a little alone time. But a couple friends kept trying to get me to attend the baseball game--multiple promises were made that we would make our own fun if it wasn't fun on its own. Not very enticing if you ask me. My modest, non-committal phrases were not doing the trick as they kept pestering me. Finally, I replied, "I don't really want to go unless I know that cool people are going to be there." Um . . . that's not exactly what I meant. Once I made myself seem like a sycophantic freak-o I felt slightly embarrassed. It's not like I don't like those girls! I just wasn't in the mood to attend a ward event. Just one! Can I skip just one? Anyway, I hope those girls quickly forget my slip of the tongue.

1 comment:

Charlotta-love said...

I only read blogs if I think they will be cool.

um, wait, that wasn't what I meant.