Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sayonara Ease and Comfort

Well, guys, tomorrow I return to sweat and toil . . . the clink . . . the jaws of a lion. You know what I mean--WORK. Ha just kidding. I'll admit, I'm a little apprehensive of starting work tomorrow only because I don't really like not knowing what's going on, how I can help, where I should go. But who does enjoy that? So this being my last weekend of sleeping in late and eating bon bons (don't take me seriously, of course I didn't do that), I decided to live it up.

I was really lucky and met up with some friends from high school. I can barely believe it's been ten years since I graduated high school! It's funny because when I was younger life stretched out before me in this long, endless road. How surprised was I when the days caught up with me and started to fly by! I think it's that realization that makes me feel older than anything else. Life is hurtling by like a speeding bullet. It's one of my biggest fears that I'll waste time and not live up to my potential, not have enough fun, and ironically, not be serious enough as well. Anyway, it was super fun hanging out with Josh and Holly. The three of us hung out a lot in high school, we were each other's support group in many ways. We were merciless with Josh and he always took it like a pro. The hilarious part is that nothing's changed! We still tease him without restraint. In fact, when we took this picture I told him he looked like a Keebler elf although I'm not sure why I thought that. But in the quote of the day Josh replied, "Hey, I wouldn't laugh if I didn't deserve it." Trust me, Josh, you totally deserve it.

With Holly . . . one of my oldest friends in the world. Love you, babe!

Kaylin and Holly's adorable baby Jillian. I could not get over how cute Jillian is.

Excuse me while we take a short detour here: Allyson (first girl on the left) is celebrating her birthday Hanukkah-style--it's been about eight days of celebrating. Here is Allyson, Kaylin, and Ryan at Buca di Peppo. Anyone eat here, by the way? The food is super good. I liked it!

Me picking my teeth with Carrie by my side. See what I mean about not wasting any time?

More of one the most adorable babies in the world! I can't say that she's the most adorable baby in the world because pretty much all of my friends have adorable babies out there. We threw Jillian on my love sac and she loved it. Ryan said that the fur lining that my love sac is made of looks like one of those back drops for a J.C. Penney portrait. Does anybody remember those? He is so right!

Of course, the thing I will miss most about returning to work (other than the massive amounts of TV that I watched) is the ample sleep I got. If I ever felt sleepy during the day, I'd take a nap. It's awesome. Jilly here is all tuckered out and is looking pretty comfy on her love sac.

Okay world, I'm ready to take you on. Tomorrow's the day that I return to my healthy eating habits, proper sleeping schedule, and less amounts of TV watching. Of course, this also means good bye to the pool in the middle of the afternoon, an improper sleeping schedule, and copious amounts of TV.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Ah, the dreaded day of returning to work. I can totally agree with the hating not knowing what the heck you're doing (or expected to be doing) which is one of the many reasons I stayed in jobs I hated for awhile. While I may have hated it, I knew what was expected of me. Here's to not hating your job, cheers!

P.S. I didn't mean to make you tear up with my post...but it's nice that you did:)

Charlotta-love said...

Don't trip! That's my only advice. :o)

mrs. jar said...

Welcome back! Work is so overrated. Anyway, hope your first day was good.