Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Boston, Day 2

More pictures from Boston, the second day.

Another picture of the Boston skyline, but I really like this picture of the harbor. You have no idea how unbelievably cold it was! I anticipated a chill similar to Salt Lake City, but it was nothing like Utah cold, or Alaska cold for that matter. The humidity caused a bitter chill that penetrated to the bone! I was not prepared and froze practically the whole time. The best part was when Anna and I visited the Harvard Singles Ward and someone mentioned how grateful they were for the spring weather. That made me laugh.





This picture is for my dad--it's Bill Nye the Science Guy! He was at the conference I attended. I should have gotten my picture taken with him but there was a crazy long line. I don't do lines. Every time I tried to take a picture of him, people kept walking right in front of my camera. So it took a few tries to get this pic.









One of my favorite parts of the trip--Beacon Hill. This is where all of the brownstones are located, and all of the apartment buildings are located on a long, steep hill. We just walked up the road and I took picture after picture. It was just beautiful and quaint, it felt like we had stepped out of the city and into a sweet little neighborhood.









Another brownstone, but these were the nicest of the bunch, which is saying something because I peered into the windows of some of those brownstones and they were surprisingly big and pretty on the inside! You can't tell, but all of the cars lined up on the road were BMWs, Audis, Volvos, and Escalades. So posh. We met this nice woman who told us that John Kerry lives in one of these brownstones. Apparently this is what you get when your wife is the Queen of Ketchup. If I ever get to build a house from the bottom up, I think I might have to "mirror" the red/brown brick with black shutters. This same lady told us a funny story about this rude guy who was honking at her one day because she was in the middle of the street talking to someone else--which she thought was so rude and so she refused to move. After he "whizzed" on by, the man she was talking to asked if she knew who the man honking at her was. "Of course, not. I don't care," was her reply. He promptly responded, "That was Mitt Romney, the governor." She got a kick telling us about that because we told her we were from Utah.

No comments: