Monday, March 31, 2008

Beantown--Who Couldn't Love It?


I am officially back from Boston--what a place to visit! I had the luxury of traveling with my co-worker Anna (pictured right) and although we had to work, we managed to squeeze in as much fun as possible. Traveling to Boston was such an interesting experience--it's such a diverse place and I had no idea! To be honest, I felt so ignorant. So much of the world that I knew nothing about. And after traveling through Boston for a few days, it felt like I knew even less than I did before arriving in Boston only because now I know how much I don't know. Does that even make sense? However, I loved Boston. The town seemed like it never ended. Everywhere we went there were more and more stores, houses, and people. It smelled, sounded, and looked different. So amazing.

Notice my hat in the picture. It was so blasted cold that I had to buy a hat, but I could not find a beanie anywhere. So...I bought this silly hat and I felt like such an East Coaster. I'm such a dork. But I loved that hat, it kept my head warm, and it's super cute. I wore it as much as I could.



This is a road on the Freedom Trail, with cobbled roads, and stores and shops from the very beginning of Boston days. I thought it was one of the prettiest sights of the Freedom Trail.














The view from our hotel room--the Boston skyline. How pretty to wake up and go to sleep seeing this!













Me climbing Bunker Hill--a monument dedicated to a famous battle. I should probably know the details better! 294 stairs! I was panting like a racehorse once I made it to the top. The only reason I can smile in this picture is because...it's staged! This is actually me on the way back down!













For all of the things I associate with Boston--the Red Sox, Boston Baked Beans, clam chowder--I would never think lobster! Apparently the Bostonians love their lobster, there were lobster stuff everywhere! I particularly loved this hat and had to get a pic.








3 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

I think your hat is adorable!

And I wish I had a cool job like you. I'm terrified of traveling b/c of everything I don't know.

Holly said...

How fun! I also think the hat is adorable. Some people look awesome in hats, you are one of them (I like to think I am one of them too but I rarely wear them). Fun pictures!

Christy said...

You look beautiful, girl!