Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Finished!

I'm happy to say that I have finished Jesus the Christ. Hooray! Goal #1 checked off. It took me about 2 1/2 months and countless hours at the gym to read 740 dense pages. There's not a lot I can say to adequately explain how this book affected me. It's awe-inspiring, heartbreaking, and such a monumental tribute . . . I don't think I'll ever consider the life of Jesus Christ in the same way. Basically, I'm at a loss for words. Mostly, I'm just so grateful I was able to read this book.

4 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

wow...I'm still working on much thinner books. I'll give JTC another go around. Good job!

bec said...

good job! I've had that goal for way too long. All I've accomplished are maybe 200 pages. Not much of a dent.

mrs. jar said...

Good for you. That is not an easy read...at least that's what I hear. Haven't yet read it myself, but you have given me inspiration. You guys should come up to my parents this weekend for Easter dinner. I think we are going to have a cookout on the firepit Saturday night....a fire with all the kids????? Should be entertaining. You and Kaylin should come.

Tracy Smythe said...

You must be having too much fun in Boston to blog. Way to go for reading Jesus the Christ...it's on my list. Maybe when Spencer is out of the house, I'll get to to it...