Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Day Full O' Love


Valentine's Day is almost here, and the oodles of love and candy and schmoopy moments are almost upon us.

Now, I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of Valentine's Day as I don't really find anything romantic about being compelled to say "I love you" or give flowers and candy to some chick that you're dating. Now that I think about it, I feel the same way about dating. Surprise, surprise. All of the excitement of
dating is a lot less sweet when you're chasing a guy and strong-arming him into asking you out. Don't call me bitter or cynical, peeps. I'd rather be surprised on a Tuesday in the middle of April than on V-Day.

But, I'm going to put my realist, pragmatic attitude
away for a moment. If you get a chance, check out my cousin Sarah's blog--you can click on her name on the righthand side. Seriously, the comments she and her husband said about each other made my heart melt. Since I'm a closet romantic, I don't usually admit when something strikes me as the perfect exhibition of love. From a single person's perspective, I'm sometimes doubtful that you can keep that spark alive after being with someone for an extended period of time. But reading what Sarah and Jimi had to say about each other was truly touching, and to be honest, something I rarely see or want. There's so much I can say about my thoughts on the subject, but I think what Sarah and Jimi says really speaks for itself.

1 comment:

mrs. jar said...

Don't feel bad, I still kinda think valentine's day is dumb....why do we need a specific date to be nice or thoughtful? There is just so much pressure....ya know? That is kinda why I also sorta hate Mother's Day :) By the way, how was St. George?