Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Submission for the Darwin Awards

I am forever trying to find and maintain balance. And forever failing at it! I guess it's the process of this life. Since starting my new project, I have felt tired all of the time and have had trouble going to the gym like normal. All I want to do is sleep. And thus my life has achieved imbalance.

It must be the mono.

So I thought a nice thing to do would be to start taking a multivitamin...at least it would be a small step in the right direction. And maybe I wouldn't feel so tired all of the time? Right?

I know...it's a pipe dream, but whatev. I didn't think it would hurt.

So yesterday was the big day. I popped my vitamin into my mouth on my way to work. This was followed by breakfast which consists of oatmeal, craisins, brown sugar, and milk (my FAVE breakfast).

However, as soon as I finished eating my breakfast I felt queasy. Like the throw up kind of queasy. It came strong and it came fast, and too late, I was on the freeway. Never did I regret something as much as I did that stupid multivitamin. The inevitable was coming and I was trapped in my car prayng for just 30 seconds more. And another 30 seconds for me to get off at the next exit.

But too late. I was almost there--pulled over on the side of the road with my car door open--when I threw up in an impressive display of projectile gymnastics all over my dashboard.

Needless to say, it was something of a bleak Monday morning as I slowly got out of my car and cleaned it up with a spare blanket in my car. I debated turning around and just going back home, but I'm a responsible adult these days. People need me.

The real issue now is that I'm afraid of multivitamins.

4 comments:

Eon said...

Bleh!! Do you think you are allergic to something in the multi, or could you have ended up with a 24 hr bug?

AC said...

I've had that experience before, the key is food THEN vitamin.

Coordination Queen said...

Is it bad that this made me laugh? I can remember many mornings on the way to seminary when my sister pulled over to throw up in some random parking lot because she took her vitamin before she ate breakfast. Try taking it later in the day when you already have a full stomach. :)

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

Remember, 1- eat breakfast
2 - then take the vitamin

Always do this in this order.

Always.

Words of wisdom from an oldie.
Teri Porter