Friday, September 4, 2009

Saying Good Bye

Inside the London Temple Accommodations--they have a kitchen! We made microwave dinners that last night there. After eating out so much, it wasn't too bad.


Inside Asda, which seemed a lot like Wal-Mart only cleaner. This is the trick when you buy chocolate and treats for your friends and family--buy it at a grocery store. Much cheaper. We got a lot of looks because we had a grocery cart filled to the brim with candy. As if they couldn't already tell we were tourists.

Holding up one of my favorite English treats--lemon curd! Sounds gross, but it's delicious. It mostly tastes like the lemon filling you'd find in a lemon meringue pie. So imagine that on top of bread, a muffin, or crumpets which is one of my other favorite foods I tried over there.

Check out our conveyor belt overflowing with chocolate. No, we were not popular. We held up the line and got some ghastly death glares.

More candy.

Saying good bye. This picture kills me. Look at Kaylin, she really looks like she's going to cry.

And then in this one, she looks like she's about to laugh.






1 comment:

Call me Mimi said...

Melissa, I love reading your blog. You are a great writer....and photographer. I see you have found all the best that Great Britain has to offer. I love that country too! I'm glad you were able to go. Your roomies look absolutely darling. Where are you working now?