Sunday, September 27, 2009

Farewell

My Grandpa Phillips passed away in early June. Such a bittersweet moment. He was ready to move on and be reunited with my grandma who had passed away more than ten years ago. But, oh, what a sad good bye. I miss him, he was such a good man.

One of the funny things about traveling to Oregon for the funeral was we all stayed at my grandpa's house. We haven't slept there in years. Imagine ten adults camped out in my grandpa's living room. My cousin Tracy was pregnant and was a champ--she took the couch but I can only imagine it was uncomfortable.




My grandpa served in WWII and as a veteran we had a five-gun salute for him.



My little cousin Chloe. What a cutie.


How much I miss you, Grandpa.

2 comments:

Putman's said...

Sorry to here about that but like you said, sometimes it is just time. At last you get to see a lot of family. So how is normal life...I cant remember what you are doing these days??

Tracy Smythe said...

Memories are amazing huh? What a sad time as we said goodbye to Grampa, yet I have great memories of all us being together during that time too (yes, the big living room slumber party). There is strength in sadness and so glad we have such an awesome famiy. Love you!