Friday, September 4, 2009

The London Temple Experience

After our experience in the Nottingham hostel, we had the privilege to stay in the London Temple Accommodations. I say privilege because I think anytime you can be on temple grounds, it's a privilege.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, the temple accommodations happens to be the old London MTC converted into dormitory-style housing for members to stay in when they visit the temple. It's a wonderful thing. It only cost us ten pounds a night per person, or roughly $15 or $20 for one night. If I ever go back to London I'm just going to go straight to the temple accommodations. Of course, the London Temple is like an hour outside of London, but they have public transit to get you there!

Check out our sweet bunk beds.


Here's the thing about staying at the temple, as soon as we arrived we were home. We were halfway across the world and I was at home. I mean, wow. I wish more people understood that. All during our trip we were the recipients of some of the nicest people I've ever met who gave me so much without any thought to themselves, but there is such an amazing feeling at the temple. I felt so at ease. It's one of my favorite memories of the trip.


Our last morning there, Carrie, Mindy, and I did a session in the temple. Great times! Kaylin did baptisms and Allyson had every intention of doing baptisms as well but discovered that her recommend was expired. Oops!



1 comment:

Alicia said...

I bet that was so awesome to stay at the accomadations! Again, I wish I could have gone.