Tuesday, June 2, 2009

English Cuisine: The Good

Fish and Chips: This may be the main reason why I'm going to England! I can't even say how excited I am to try some traditional fish and chips. While the picture above looks like it might be something you'd just get at the fair, they eat their fish and chips with salt and malt vinegar. Ah, it just sounds so good.


Rhubarb and apple crumble: I'm not usually one for rhubarb, but this looks pretty good! England apparently makes a lot of fruit crumbles, pie, tarts, etc.

Cheddar Cheese: I wonder what the difference might be eating cheese in another country. But if I get the chance I'm going to try it. Cheddar cheese originates from the English village of Cheddar. If you're in a food's birth place, you have to try it.

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

I could go for this stuff too... as long as I don't have to look at the other 2 posts again.

Nola said...

I love the chips!! Have some from me. Just a warning though...this picture is a lot nicer looking than most chip shop varieties (at least based on 6 years ago). Our chips always came wrapped in newsprint type paper!

Charlotta-love said...

please eat some chocolate for me...