Sunday, September 28, 2008

Last Night


Last night was my buddy Brandon's birthday party. Somehow Kaylin and I got roped into singing 'Happy Birthday' to him a la Marilyn Monroe-style. I was not thrilled at the idea. Who wants to hear my screechy voice? So . . . Kaylin and I donned some feather boas and bunny ears and walked out into the middle of the room to wish Brandon Happy Birthday.

It was such a mess. When Kaylin zigged, I zagged.

Kaylin wanted to rehearse beforehand, but I was having none of that--I wanted to put off the inevitable for as long as possible. So I guess you could say we were unprepared. I take full responsibility for that. I mean, you think that singing 'Happy Birthday' would be super easy; however, that is not the case. It's awkward when you have to sing in front of a bunch of people and you're not a natural singer. As my voice warbled through the keys I couldn't help but think this might be the worst 'gift' a person could get. I even had to apologize when all was said and done. But I like to think that at the end of the day they weren't thinking about our pitiful singing voices, they were checking out our crazy cool boas. Best $5 I've spent in a while.

2 comments:

kaylinannette said...

Your such a liar... you totally loved the idea... you were all over it buying fether boas and bunny ears... if only it was better executed it wouldn't have been so bad.

Charlotta-love said...

Even if you sounded horrible, he had two cute girls singing to him. I think he enjoyed his birthday.