Monday, June 16, 2008

Update . . . I'm Amazing

Just kidding. After my supremely dramatic blog post last week announcing that I'd been laid off, I thought I should give you people out there in blogger land a quick update about the status of Mission: Find Me A Job, Darn It! Anyway, it's been interesting. On the day that I got laid off I started getting contacted by places I'd submitted my resume to. One place in particular interviewed me for a PR Manager-position and although I did not get the job, I did get a job with the consulting firm doing some contract freelance writing work. It's not a ton of hours, but here's hoping that it transcends into something a little more permanent. I would love to be this guy's go-to gal whenever he needs some writing done. I'll admit, I totally bluffed my way into making him think that I could write articles on technical stuff with ease and aptitude. Not sure if I was lying or if this is just how business works? I'm freaking out over here that I'll screw up! But here goes. As I said before, I am not a risk taker. But I've spent a lot of time trying to evaluate what I want in this life . . . especially professionally speaking. I know I want to keep writing, whatever that consists of. So I'm going to do my best to follow that path. I paid my tithing yesterday and it was kind of difficult (don't hate me for my lack of faith) to hand over that check. It was pretty scary paying your tithing not knowing when you'll get paid again! However, I'm glad for the experience. Sometimes it's nice to be tested and just grit your teeth and bear it, and hopefully show the Lord that you have the faith to see your trials through. I don't know if that makes sense. Thanks to all of you for your good wishes and thoughts! I really appreciate it and am so grateful to have you as my friends and family.

1 comment:

Amie said...

IT's true, you ARE amazing. :)