Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sexual Harrassment in the Workplace Part 2

Let me clarify here...yes, my work is slightly inappropriate, but it's not like I walk down the halls in fear of catcalls and salacious invitations for drinks after work.

BUT, like I said, it can be slightly inappropriate. Let's be real, I really prefer it that way anyway. It's too much pressure for me to be adhere to too much propriety.

Yesterday I was sitting at my desk when D walked up. He kept tugging on his pants. "I broke my belt this morning and now my pants won't stay up. I really should have gotten bought another belt."

He looked at me as if a lightbulb had just gone off in his head. "Hey! I bet you have a belt I can borrow."

(By the way, D is in his late-30s and over 250 pounds.)

"Mmm...not really. I don't own that many belts. They don't work on girls with hips."

He gestured to a small portion of his waist. "I bet your belt would fit on about a quarter of my waist."

What do you say to that? It was kind of true.

"I mean, how big is your belt anyway? Your booty can't be that big."

And yes, I realize that this statement is far more inappropriate than the arm tickling.

I shrugged my shoulders in response. "It depends who you're comparing it to."

No comments: