Monday, February 28, 2011

Bad Picture, Cute Idea

I think it's just that time of the year, when it's dark and cold outside and I'm just tired. So I've been nesting again.

This weekend I tried my hand at homemade bread which required me to leave church twice in order to check on my rolls. Yes, it's a little over the top, and no, I don't think I will be judged too harshly for skipping out on the last half hour of church. It was for the greater good, you see. In my Saturday test batch, I killed the yeast. On Sunday, I was determined to get it right.

Result! They were delicious.

My rolls were followed by chocolate cupcakes with a homemade cream cheese frosting. I love cream cheese frosting. It's my favorite. BUT I'm not sure I can ever eat it again. I think I used 2 sticks of butter and 2 packages of cream cheese. There has to be a better way.

Again...they were delicious.

Yes, I am openly bragging. Deal.

My cupcakes were made with white chocolate stars...all in time for the Oscars last night. The picture above is blurry but hopefully you get the idea. I thought they were pretty cute.

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

I think I'm going to make bread tomorrow. That sounds really good. And very very cute cupcakes!

Ash said...

You're adorable! I miss you:)