Tuesday, February 16, 2010

If Only They Had Done It Sooner

We have these neighbor kids who attract all of their little high school friends at their house. Inevitably, around 10 pm at night, you can see cars line up outside of the house and then gobs of people pile up into cars and leave. Once, I heard girls screaming in that annoying, we're hilarious sort of way as they passed us. I think it's pretty cute, to be honest. I think it's a great way to watch your kids without them even knowing it--make your house their hang out spot. Genius.

Two Halloweens ago, we had a mysterious case of somebody stealing our pumpkins. There were pumpkin guts all along the road. We were the victims of death by pumpkin smashing. I feel fairly confident in saying it was these kids.

Last night, as Carrie and I took the trash cans out to the side of the road, we FINALLY got rid of the hay bale that we bought for the fall season. Sadly, this hay bale, while adorable during Halloween and Thanksgiving, was a major eye sore during Christmas and the rest of this winter season.

Why did I not get rid of it sooner? It was too cold. And I'm lazy.

But last night we got rid of it and stuck it in our trash can. Except this morning it was mysteriously gone. The only traces of our hay bale were remnants of straw along the road.

Here's my thought: if only they had done it sooner. I feel like I should send those kids a memo and tell them they're welcome to any of our holiday stuff after the holidays. It would save me time taking it down.

No comments: