Thursday, April 22, 2010

I HATE that Liz Lemon!

When I said I was recommitting to balancing work / life a little better, I meant that I was going to write more on my blog. But I think I've told enough work stories for the time being. Sadly, what else is there to write about?

Here's a picture of Kaylin, me, and Carrie. No, it's not our best shot . . . we were shanghaied. I would have liked advanced notice so I could do my hair and make up! Kidding. But it's proof that I'm alive and actually go places.

Tonight Kaylin, Carrie, and I were watching TV when 30 Rock came on in which Kaylin brought up her extreme distaste for Tina Fey.

"Seriously, guys," she said, "I think that Tina Fey is butt ugly."

I looked at her in horror because I well remember her teasing me that my celebrity doppelganger was Tina Fey. I never much liked the comparison because who wants to be compared to the smart girl instead of the pretty one? Really . . . who?

"What?" She said in response to my expression. She had no idea.

"You really don't know why I'm looking at you this way?" Okay, I might have been a bit passive aggressive.

"No!"

"You don't remember all of those times you told me and everybody else that I look like Tina Fey?"

This resulted in laughter like I've never heard from Kaylin. It was almost worth being compared to a "butt-ugly" celebrity.

Almost.

5 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

I think Tina Fey is awesome: smart and funny.

So when I first read the title of this blog, I thought you were publically saying you hated Jen's mom. Whew. Glad that wasn't the case.

Coordination Queen said...

You are too funny!

kaylinannette said...

Hmmm.... another post about me. Funny? No. Weird? No. Creepy. Getter there.

Megan Zurcher said...

I think Tina Fey is really pretty. She doesn't look her best on 30 Rock because her character is suppose to be that way, but have you ever seen pictures of her at a red carpet event when she actually does her hair and makeup? She's pretty and funny. A perfect doppelgänger for you! By the way, 30 Rock is my all time favorite TV shows!

Anonymous said...

Looking at your picture, you do not look in any way like the Horribly Ugly Tina Fey. Her problem is that she "thinks" she's pretty when in reality she is not. I disagree with the other comment about her looking good on the red carpet... even then, when she's supposed to look her best, she only manages to look like a run-of-the-mill woman with creepy bird-like features.