Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Totally Meant to Do That

Saturday my sister Alicia was in town. So we headed out for some shopping.

By the way, I should not be allowed inside of DSW. I can't say no to anything in that place. And as I write, I'm wearing some fabulous new shoes I probably shouldn't have bought.

While at Target, Kaylin proclaimed she was going to reach into the depths of her generous heart and buy me a clock for my bathroom. Apparently every bathroom needs a clock. Who knew? I never gave it much thought.

We stared at a selection of $5 clocks. Simple . . . and cheap. Good enough for me.

Until Alicia said, "Those clocks are so noisy. You don't want that."

"Why does it matter?" Kaylin countered.

Personally, I didn't care, but Alicia made a big deal about how you can hear the tick of the clock and that it's so annoying. She has one in her apartment.

But I couldn't hear anything. I'll admit, I thought Alicia was being a little overdramatic.

"I can't hear anything." I said. I leaned down and put my ear right up against the clock. "No, really, I can't hear anything."

I was trying to make a point . . . I couldn't imagine it would be THAT big of a deal.

Alicia gave me a funny look. "That's because there aren't any batteries in the clock."

Oh.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I was so not being dramatic! I guess I kinda am now. hahaha. But oh that was so funny.

Coordination Queen said...

HAHAHAHA! Love it!

Charlotta-love said...

Those are the perfect clocks! No noise and they are right on time twice a day!