Friday, October 23, 2009

The Bridal Shower of Horrors

My roommate Allyson got married yesterday--so exciting. In all seriousness, there are not enough weddings in my life.

I think Allyson was being generous to us when she let us throw her a bridal shower, she had a record 7 showers! So when Kaylin asked her what kind of food she would like, we were thinking something formal. Instead, she asked for a Halloween-themed bridal shower. How awesome is that? We totally ran with it.

Kaylin had a genius idea to make our table Elvira-y. If you notice the goblets, they have spiders on them. We turned out the lights and lit candles throughout the house and ate dinner by candlelight. Spooky music played in the background.






The picture quality isn't great as we ate in the dark. But I have to say everyone should do more parties like this.


Billy Bob teeth were the party favors that nobody took home. What?

Allyson's wedding gift . . . I'm in love with this salad bowl. Sooo beautiful. I think I might buy myself one.



In order to make it "bridal-shower approved," we inserted some sexy salad mixings. It was required.



Cranberry pills? Seriously, guys? No, really, why do I need cranberry pills?

Please don't make me . . .



3 comments:

Alicia said...

Gross....but funny! hahah cranberry

Coordination Queen said...

i thought it was going to be a post about a bridal shower that went terribly wrong. i'm glad it didn't. this sounds so much more fun!

Charlotta-love said...

I would like you to throw me a party like that! Seeing how there are only a few more days where a halloween theme would work AND seeing how I'm not planning to get married anytime soon, let's plan on next year... yes?