Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Haggis: It's What's For Dinner

I know I said I wasn't going to get too adventurous when it came to trying new foods, but once I caught the bug, I started to really enjoy it. Some of the food was good like fish and chips and some of it . . . not so much . . . like haggis.

Anyone know what haggis is?

How about sheep's heart, liver, and lungs minced with onion, oatmeal, spices and salt which is all mushed together and boiled in the sheep's stomach lining.

Mostly it tastes peppery but the texture . . . ugh. Like mashed potatoes. That's not how I eat my meat. Ever.

The above picture is the "before." Rosy-cheeked with broad smiles--still naive to the world around us.

The first bite. A myriad of emotions crossed through me: denial, anger, depression, bargaining, acceptance.

Kaylin takes it like a champ. She wasn't even phased by it.

Trying to keep it in. I almost threw it up so many times.



Feeling hungry?



4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

ew.

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

that is plain horrid, you are a trooper for trying it I almost threw up just watching the video!

Tracy Smythe said...

That is so disgusting. I just puked a little in my mouth. I would never be brave enough to eat it!

Charlotta-love said...

Fear Factor: Scotland. Ahahahahaha...

That video was awesome.