Monday, December 8, 2008

My Most Hated Christmas Song



It's a crappy song designed to manipulate you into thinking about the true meaning of Christmas. I blame these cheesy Christmas songs for distorting the true meaning of Christmas rather than all those folks who think consumerism is at the root of destroying the Christmas spirit. And why does the poor kid have to ask the man standing behind him for the money to buy his dying mother shoes? Shouldn't that dude have the sense to automatically offer the money? If there were some little guy trying to buy Christmas shoes for his dying mother, I would not be standing like an idiot pretending that the scene before me wasn't one of the most heartbreaking things I'd ever seen. I'd be buying those shoes and whatever else that kid wanted. Seriously. You wanna jet? I'll make it happen.

On a lighter note, I love, love, LOVE when the actors mouth the lyrics to the song. Doesn't look fake or staged at all.

2 comments:

bec said...

I totally agree!! I can't stand that song. And also the "Mary did you know.." They both have great messages but sound HORRIBLE. Brandon doesn't understand. I think Mary did you know is his favorite Christmas song. egh!

kaylinannette said...

haha... i love how much you hate this song... it just kills me but whats worse is this poor kids teeth... they are awful.