Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

It seems that every year I try to plan something super exciting to celebrate New Year's Eve. It's like the first and last day of school: the others don't matter, but you cannot miss the first and last day of school. Those matter. And so it's funny. I love holidays but I always feel some compulsion to celebrate New Year's OUT LOUD just so I can say I did something exciting on New Year's Eve. Weird. This year, however, I think I'm staying in. Invariably, I'm always disappointed by the big crowds of people I don't know and I wonder why I even put on my party dress in the first place if nobody was going to see it (and appreciate it) anyway. Regardless of my lack of enthusiasm this year for big parties and all that goes with them (pretending to be interested in people you're not really interested in, standing in one place as you look for people you know, the cheese ball and crackers that is not nearly enough to take the place of dinner), I hope that everyone had a wonderful 2008 and that 2009 brings even more blessings, surprises, triumphs, smiles, and laughter. I have been very blessed this year and have experienced so many wonderful things and grown in so many ways. Here's to 2009!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I'm with you. It's a stay in year this year for me. Although, it's been a stay in year since...well, for a lot of New Years' Eves. Hope you have a good time, even if you're staying in!

Charlotta-love said...

Wait, don't you have someone this year?