Friday, October 3, 2008

My Quirks

Tagged by cousin Sarah--6 quirks that I am proud (or slightly embarrassed) to share with the world around me.

1. I absolutely hate being late. It's one thing to be late for work or class or even a party (those things don't really matter, ha), but I get irritated really easily when I'm late for church, a doctor's appointment, meeting, etc.
2. I think cottage cheese is the most disgusting food on the planet. Anything that is curdled should not be consumed. I ate a blintz a couple of weeks ago that I think had cottage cheese in it and I could barely stomach it on the way down. But I finished it to be polite. Bleh.
3. I love to laugh, and you can generally find me laughing at just about anything (ask Kaylin about the things she does that make me laugh). But when I get nervous I tend to giggle uncomfortably. Only the astute can tell the difference. You'd be surprised how often I giggle nervously.
4. I tend to let my room get cluttered; however, I cannot abide a dirty bathroom including a lot of stuff on the sink.
5. I recognize the fact that I am somewhat of a grammar Nazi, but I try really hard not to correct people because obviously that's rude. I hate it, however, when people say ex-scape instead of es-cape. Mostly, I hear this from people who are from Utah and Idaho. I notice it every time someone says it and have to bite my tongue. You'd be amazed at how many people insert an ex- prefix for the esc- prefix.
6. As ridiculous as it sounds, I get fired up any time I go to the gym for a class and it's full. I go to those classes religiously and the fact that a bunch of chicks
randomly decided to take my spot drives me crazy. I know it's irrational, but I tend to think that because I'm such a diligent 'student' I shouldn't be edged out of a class I attend every week.

Now to tag: Whitney, Tim, and Kaitlyn

3 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

So I've never noticed the ex-scape (thanks, now I will every time) but I hate when people say 'lib-ary'. Come on people, there's a whole 'nother letter in there you forgot. Arrr! You know, like a pirate, Arrrr. You left out the Arrr. LibRRRRRary. Say it with me, LibRRRRarry. Good. Good.

And don't even get me started on the phrase 'Axe you a question'. Honeychile...there are no axes when asking a question, unless of course you are asking me if you can chop wood.

Now, if you will EXcuse me, I have some more blogs to read...

Anna Winn and Family said...

LOL Charlotte's "Axe" annoyance and your ex/esc is funny. I remember you getting on my case a few times at school for saying "mel box" instead of "mail box". Nice.

mrs. jar said...

AHHH I also hate that! There is no 'X' in that word! What is the deal?!?!?!

I work with this older lady that pronounces the word 'frustrated' as flustrated and it drives me abosolutely bonkers! Ok, it is either flustered or frustrated but flustrated is not a word!!! The first few hundred times I heard her use this non-word, I thought to myself, 'well she obviously knows this isn't a word and it is just something she says.' Well 4.5 years later, I am pretty conviced that she really believes it IS a word and that just makes it that much worse!

There is another one on the tip of my tongue, but I cannot think of it at the moment. So annoying! Now I am flustrated! Haha!