Friday, April 22, 2011

The Things People Say

This Sunday I will get on a plane that will take me to a bright, sunny, tropical place...Cancun!

Here's just a sampling of what people have said to me at work about my trip:

"Do you have any idea how dangerous Mexico is? Are you even aware of world current events? You should really consider watching the news."

"Don't drink the water. Have a Corona instead."

"You're on vacation, you can drink anything that you want. (Conspiratorial whisper) And it doesn't even count."

"You're going to be gone for a week? Do you even work anymore these days?" For the record, I do work.

"Maybe your trip will be one of those What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico."

"Have you seen Blue Streak? Just remember--'Don't nobody wanna go to jail in Mexico, man....' Words to live by."

(And my favorite)
"Who knows? You may never come back. What if you meet a tall, handsome, totally ripped guy and he wants you to run away with him?"
"Yeah, I think the likelihood of that happening is pretty slim."
"You're such a cynic. You would say no to a guy who had a boat and all he wants is for you to sail away with him?"
"Wow, this order is getting kind of tall."

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Here's my advice... HAVE FUN!!!

Ash said...

mmmmmmm....sailing.....

I'm glad you came back. But you should have brought the tall dark handsome sailing man back with you. Next time, liss, next time.