Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Lucky One

Some people get lucky...and I am definitely one of them. I've had some good friends over the years (you know who you are) and these two are certainly among the finest. I met Annie and Rachel back in my Turnberry days at a pretty low point in my life. I was insecure, overweight, and had a terrible time meeting people and making friends. These two were immediate kindred spirits. Every Tuesday night we would do something together--dinner, Institute, a movie, card making--you name it, we did it. Over the years we still get together and it's always like we saw each other just the day before. They know all of my secrets and still love me anyway. The night this picture was taken, Rachel and I took Annie wedding dress shopping since she'll be getting married soon and moving away to Arizona! My heart breaks a little at the thought. But like I said, I am the lucky one.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ah. I have no words, which as we know is quite uncommon for me. Love ya.