Monday, November 22, 2010

Can't Lose With A Lemon Cupcake!


My ward had a 4-ward chili cook off and dessert bake off last Monday and laughingly, I signed up. I just figured I'd bring a dessert but Kaylin had the bright idea that I make something lemony with candied lemons. So here are my lemon cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting and candied lemons on top. I can't lie, they were a super hit and I WON the bake off! It was a Phillips clean sweep when Kaylin's name was called as the winner of the chili cook off (although let's be real, she can cook anything. This was a no brainer.) I have to admit, I was pretty proud of those cupcakes. I'd never baked anything that had looked so pretty.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

thanks, now I'm salivating ;)

Coordination Queen said...

They look fabulous! Want to send me one? :)

Jennifer Palmer said...

Those are beautiful! I bet they tasted great!